Harry Potter Birthday Celebration
If you are a Harry Potter fan and have read all the books about this brave wizard boy, then try to arrange a thematic birthday party that will definitely be fun and will be remembered for a long time. But first, you need to find out the main nuances of organizing such an event.
In what cases can you organize such a party?
Any child will be happy with the Harry Potter style party, and it is suitable for both the boy and the girl because the students of the famous school of magic are representatives of both sexes. The event can be arranged for a birthday or any other important date.
A party in the Harry Potter style is not necessarily a children’s party, although any child older than 6-7 years old will be delighted with this idea and appreciate it. Teens will also surely enjoy immersing themselves in a unique atmosphere and have fun. But adults will also want to participate in the celebration.
Where to arrange a party?
You can hold a party almost anywhere: at home (both in the apartment and in the cottage), in the country, in nature, in a cafe or even a night club. The main thing is that there is enough space for a comfortable accommodation of all guests and thematic entertainment. A stylized design will do its job and help create the right atmosphere.
Making a room or an open territory in the style of Harry Potter is not difficult, and it is quite possible to make jewelry yourself from practically improvised materials. Here are some interesting ideas:
- Make the legendary platform No. 9 ¾, which is a brick wall through which the students of the Hogwarts passed to the desired platform. You can make it from cardboard. Fabric can also be turned into a wall of brick with the help of paints. Place this attribute at the entrance, and make a slot in the center – guests will get on the holiday through it;
- Arrange the candles (you’d better use old and almost burnt candles);
- Use balloons, creating images of the main characters of the book or secondary characters, owls, bats on them;
- You can make cobwebs from threads or thin ropes by placing them in the corners;
- Make cardboard figures of owls, dementors, bats, described in the books of John Rowling;
- Hang dark, heavy and dense curtains on the windows;
- Place simulated containers with potions on the shelves, pouring in small glass jars colored water painted with ordinary watercolor paints and pasting pieces of paper with unusual names onto the vessels;
- In the very center of the territory, put a chair with a talking hat, which distributed students to different faculties.
To make guests understand what party awaits them, make thematic invitations. They may look like train tickets to Hogwarts or invitations for students from the school of excellence. You can write the text on paper, which was previously painted it in beige color. You can tear the edges slightly, because the invitation was coming from far away and could probably be damaged along the way.
The text can be taken from the book or be written in free form. Do not forget to indicate the date and place of the holiday at the end. You can deliver invitations in person or by mail, which is more interesting and unusual. Another option is to quietly put them in the guest’s personal belongings.
All guests must certainly prepare themed costumes. The main element of the image is the wizard’s mantle, and it is easy to make it with your own hands from a piece of black fabric and braid, which will serve as the ties.
Spiked hats with a wide brim or square academic hats with tassels worn by graduates will complement mantles. And, of course, an essential attribute and an important accessory of any magician is a magic wand, which can be made from a small knot of wood or a stick for Japanese dishes.
Tip: to create costumes, you can use the images of other heroes of books, such as Dementors, Dobby, Hagrid, school teachers and so on.
How to organize a birthday or any other holiday in the style of Harry Potter? Make an action plan in advance and think over a program that will allow the hero of the occasion and those invited to feel like students of the Hogwarts school and true beginner wizards.
You can arrange a variety of entertainment:
- The game of Quidditch. If the event is held in open space, then prepare an oval field with rings (three on two sides), distribute brooms to the players and offer to throw the ball into the goal. If the holiday is held at home, place three rings on the table and ask guests to throw balls through them into cups or other containers;
- Conduct a quiz, including questions from all books about Harry Potter: about some spells, main characters, events, and other moments described by the author. The one who knows and remembers the book/movie best of all can get the title of the best student of Hogwarts;
- The game “Reincarnation.” Players invent animals or characters, write their names on the sheets, put them in a hat and a basket, and then they take everything on a piece of paper and find out who they turned into as a result of magic. Further, guests should show what is written on the sheets only with gestures. And you can do otherwise: the papers are glued on the foreheads of the invitees, and they, asking questions, try to find out who they are;
- Arrange a real quest with the search for a secret room, a philosopher’s stone or another attribute of the work. As the participants will search for the desired subject, they can perform different tasks, answer questions;
- Preparation of potions. The easiest option is to invite the students of the school of magic to make a potion from the given components that you first need to find (you can come up with a riddle for each ingredient, which will complicate the task).
Tip: before the start of the entertainment program, all invited guests can be distributed among faculties. And the best students can receive symbolic prizes.
- Canapes can be used as treats. You can make them from numerous components that are not necessarily combined with each other. Arrange tartlets with fish and meat, use various bright sauces, offer guests meatballs, pies, sliced and baked potatoes in the oven, cheese of different varieties;
- For dessert, serve a large cake in the form of a hat or a book of spells, cookies of unusual shapes (for example, witches’ fingers), decorated with figures from mastic cupcakes, cake pops, chocolate with unusual tastes, caramelized pieces of apples or pumpkins, berries, puddings of bright colors marmalade;
- Use bright cocktails as drinks, pouring them into jars with registered or other inscriptions and adding to the tubes;
- If you want to arrange a holiday in the style of Harry Potter, then now you can definitely do it successfully using the best ideas for holding such an interesting party.
Category: General Issues
Tags: celebration, children, party